Microsoft’s new operating system Windows 8 has a new Charms Bar in place of Task bar. Charms bar in windows 8 has changed the way how users navigate through windows. If you disapprove windows 8 charms bar and feeling the essence to get back to the old yet better windows 7 classic Task bar then you have to make some changes in registry file.
Making changes in the registry file will also revert Windows 8 Metro UI, Windows Explorer, and Task Manager in Windows 7.
How to Get Windows 7 Start Menu in Windows 8
- Press Win+r and hit Enter to open registry editor.
- In Registry Settings, Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorer
- Now in right window panel search for RPEnabled and double click on it.
- A DWORD value window will pop-up, in this change the Data Value to 0 and click on OK.
- Now Restart your computer to see changes.
That’s it! You can also revert to new Windows 8 features by changing the data value to 1 in 4th step. You can also use third party tools like ViStart to get Windows 7 Start Menu in Windows 8.