ParanoidAndroid ROM, based on Jelly Bean just recently released from the developer community to the eager AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 owners. The ROM will provide you two-column menus and other features usually not found in phone interfaces. Keep in mind that this ROM is still a work in progress and a couple of issues are present. The ROM is quite unique because it sports a hybrid UI from both the phone and the tablet version.
You may also call this UI a phablet version, a fusion of the phone and tablet Jelly Bean UIs. The instructions in this guide are only for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-I747. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific conditions. Use these instructions at your own risk. We can’t be held responsible if your device get damages or bricked.
- Your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 should have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed on it. You can check how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S3 I747.
- Download CM10 Hybrid ParanoidAndroid ROM package (PA-1.992-d2att-8-28.zip, 165 MB) and Download GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7).
- Charge your phone to full and remember to take full local data backup as files or data may be deleted during the process. You can also Cloud backup – Online Backup.
How To Flash ParanoidAndroid ROM to Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH I747 :
- Copy the ROM package and GApps package to your phone’s internal SD card and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery (press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together).
NOTE: In Recovery Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option while in Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To make a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup. You can also create Online NANDroid Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card and look for the ROM’s ZIP file, install it.
- After installation, install the GApps package by selecting file from SD Card.
- From the main menu, select Wipe data/factory reset. Now, select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache.
Thats it !! reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed ParanoidAndroid ROM…Give your feedbacks and queries…