Root not only gives you added control over your device but also allows you to use a number of apps on the Google Play Store that are specifically for root-enabled devices. ClockworkMod Recovery allows you to easily backup your ROM and data in case you want to try some of the newest customization goodies in the Android community.
The methods in this guide are only for Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100G. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific conditions. Use these instructions at your own risk, only if you are a advanced user or know exactly what it is. Before you start the rooting process, make sure to disable Samsung KIES and any antivirus and firewall software. This is to prevent them from interrupting the flashing process; interruption may lead to irreversible damage to your device.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I1900G should be running on XXLPQ firmware and Samsung KIES installed on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by heading to Settings > Applications > Development.
- DownloadOdin3 1.85 installed on your computer (Odin 1.85.zip, 198.58 KB).
- Download Root package (Root.zip, 1.4 MB) and Download LP7 kernel (GT-I9100G_LP7_ClockworkMod-Recovery_188.8.131.52.tar, 5.7 MB).
How To Root And Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S2 I1900G :
- Copy the Root Package (Root.zip) to the root of your Galaxy S2′s internal SD card and Reboot your device into Download Mode (press and hold down the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons).
- Launch Odin3, click the ‘PDA‘ button and navigate to where the LP7 kernel file is and select it. Now, Connect your phone to your computer. It show ‘Added!‘.
Note : If you do not receive this message, disconnect your phone and try to reinstall the device drivers. You may also try using another USB port on your computer.
- Click on ‘Start‘ to begin flashing the kernel. After completing you’ll see a “PASS” message, your Galaxy S2 will automatically reboot. (If Odin3 seems to freeze or you receive a “FAIL” message, disconnect your Galaxy S2 and close Odin3.Now, remove your Galaxy S2′s battery and re-insert the battery. Again follow the steps).
- After the phone has rebooted, turn your Galaxy S2 off again. Then, Boot into Recovery Mode (pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons).
- Select ‘Install ZIP from SD Card‘ and choose the Root.zip file.
Thats it !! Now reboot and enjoy…give your feedbacks and queries…