Before you proceed, let me remind you that rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is dangerous and risky. The author of this article will not be liable for any damages that you may incur by doing this process.
This guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is for educational purposes only and it’s not a guarantee that it will work on your device. It may even brick your device.
This rooting guide is intended only for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010 and GT-N8013. Again, use this at your own risk.
You should make back up of your android phone to create back up you can read: Taking Local data backup , Backup of android to Cloud, inDefiend Data Backup. If you don’t have idea about the rooting then you can read -What rooting an android phone means.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, or GT-N8020
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset. Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the following files:
- Odin 3 v1.85 (Odin3-v1.85.zip, 199 kB)
- Appropriate rooting file for your tablet’s model:
- Make sure your device’s battery still has at least 70% power. You don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
You will need to install ClockWorkMod you should read the post :Installing ClockWorkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
It is important that you had installed ClockWorkMod Recovery before trying to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
1. Connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 to your PC and copy the the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip to the SD card of your Galaxy Note 10.1. Do not extract it! Just copy the file.
2. Fully turn off your Galaxy Note 10.1 (again)
3. Turn it on again by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button together, this will enter your tablet to ClockWorkMod Recovery menu
4. Select Install ZIP from SD card on the CWM Recovery menu by using the Volume + /Volume – button to navigate.
5. After selecting Install ZIP from SC card, find and select CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip and confirm it.
6. After you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 10.1, select the Reboot System now from the menu of CWM Recovery.
7. After your Galaxy Note 10.1 is completely turn on again, find the SuperSU from the applications menu. Connect to the internet and launch the app.
8. Just hit Continue and Ok and you’re done! Close the app and your Galaxy Note 10.1 is now rooted.
Hope this guide on how to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 helped you. Good luck,and Remember to make backup because its risky.