Is Firefox behaving slow? make it faster. Here are the top 10 ways to increase page loading pace of Mozilla Firefox. If you are a broadband user, you can make webpages load even more faster in Firefox by using these tricks.
Firefox is an excellent and already fast browser but can be made to run up to 4 times faster. Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you “enable pipelining” it will make several at once, which can speed up page loading. These settings are specially for those that are browsing a lot, have broadband and are using many tabs.
To Make Firefox Faster :
Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit enter. Now, follow the simple steps:
- Look for “network.http.keep-alive“. If it’s ‘false’, double-click that line and to change it to ‘true’.
- Make “network.http.version” set to “1.1″.
- Look for “network.http.pipelining”. If it’s ‘false’, double-click that line and change it to ‘true’.
- Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to ‘true’ by double-clicking it.
- Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to ‘8‘ by double-clicking it. This means it will make 8 requests at once. There is no point setting it higher then 8 as it is capped at 8 max. The default value for this setting is 4.
- Right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0“. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it shows you the information it receives. This is particularly helpful on pages with search bars, however, it doesn’t actually make the page load faster.
- Firefox’s slow loading could be due to the auto update. Disabling the auto-update feature could lead to improved loading time. For disabling update go to Tools–> options –>advanced –> Update and uncheck all the selections and click OK. (Make sure that you update manually at least once a week).
- Avoid keeping and using too many toolbars, as they, too, can slow down your internet browser.
- Find “browser.history_expire_days_min” and change its value to ‘10‘, its default value is ‘90‘.
- Look for “browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers” change it to ‘1′, as default it is ‘-1′.
Thats it !! now your Mozilla firefox will run faster..