HTC Desire users can now enjoy navigating through Recovery mode with the help of their fingertips and touchscreens. Use these steps only on HTC Desire. Everyone loves flashing ROM on Android devices, your Volume rockers and your Power button can finally take a break because a touch-enabled version of ClockworkMod Recovery has finally arrived on the HTC Desire.
- Download ClockworkMod Touch Recovery image for the HTC Desire.
- Rooted HTC Desire with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Charge your device to full.
- ADB and Fastboot support, device drivers on your computer.
- Remember to take full backup of all the important information on your device, just in case data may be lost or corrupted during the update process.
To Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Touch Recovery On HTC Desire :
- Extract the Recovery image and rename the Recovery image file “recovery.img” (without the quotes).
- Copy the Recovery image file to the folder on your computer where fastboot.exe is located.
- Make sure that the Fast Boot option on your HTC Desire has been style=”text-decoration: underline;”>disabled. You can do this through Settings > Power > Fast Boot.
- Reboot into Fastboot mode (press and hold down the Volume Down key while pressing the Power button).
- In Fastboot mode, connect your HTC Desire to your computer via the USB Cable. Go to the older where fastboot.exe is located. While holding down the Shift key, right click in the folder and select “Open Command Window Here”.
- This should open up a command window or DOS prompt. Type the following command in the DOS window : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter.
- This starts the flashing of the new recovery to your device.
After flashing is complete, select Bootloader in the main hboot menu select Recovery. Your HTC Desire now reboot into the new ClockworkMod Touch Recovery. Thats it !!