This method for rooting and installing custom recovery is compatible only for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, model number LT18i. Apply these steps at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any undesired outcome in your specific case. Here I’m providing full and brief guide for unlocking, rooting and installing custom ROM in Sony Ericson Xperia LT18i.
Before starting the process full charge your phone and should follow the instructions strictly.
- Take full backup of your phone as data may be lost or corrupted during the rooting, unlocking bootloader and install custom recovery processes.
- You’ve to install the ADB drivers for your phone on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging by : Settings > Applications > Debugging > USB Debugging.
- Enable Unknown Sources for this head to : Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources.
How To Root Sony Ericson Xperia Arc S LT18i :
1. Rooting 4.1.A.0.562 (stock ICS firmware) :
For this process make sure that your Xperia Arc S is running on stock ICS firmware 4.1.A.0.562. This Windows-only method works for both locked and unlocked bootloaders. It root your device using the Android emulator trick and also installs Busybox (1.18.4) and installs ICS-specific SU files. Steps to proceed through this process :
- Download DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su.zip (md5sum: dc7f4a107e7d991572219404a9ca996e) and save it on your computer and extract it.
- Connect your Xperia Arc S to your computer via the USB Cable and open runme.bat file. Now, follow the instructions on screen.
Thats it !! Your Xperia Arc S LT18i will reboot a couple of times, after it will say “ALL DONE.” Enjoy your rooted device.
2. Rooting 4.0.2.A.0.62 ( Android 2.3.4 firmware) :
Before you continue, you’ll need to disable your computer’s antivirus software as it interrupts the tool. Rooting an Xperia Arc S running on 4.0.2.A.0.62 is a little more complicated, as it requires you to downgrade your firmware first to stock firmware 4.0.2.A.0.42 using a Generic Global, and not region specific firmware.
- Downgrade to stock firmware 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic Global.
- Download the LT18i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic Global FTF (Xperia Arc (LT18i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_CE.rar, size: 155.17 MB).
- Download Flashtool 0.6.9.1 to your computer and install it according to these instructions. Windows users- (MD5: 9E6AEAA286FC145FDEBD65F6CC492585): Mirror 1 | Mirror 2. For Linux users- (MD5: 0BB12562F21B5291F34CD06272EB10F5): Mirror 1 | Mirror 2
- Flash the LT18i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic Global FTF using Flashtool 0.6.9.1.
- Root the phone using DooMLoRD’sEasy Rooting Toolkit.
- Download DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit (DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip) to your computer and extract the files.
- Connect your Xperia Arc S to your computer via the USB cable and open runme.bat file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Perform OTA upgradefor 4.0.2.A.0.62.
- Don’t use PC Companion to upgrade back to firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62, otherwise root will be lost.
Thats it !!Your Xperia Arc S should now be rooted. You can now continue to installing ClockworkMod Recovery on your Xperia Arc S.
The Xperia Auto-CWM Installer app appears to be working for both locked and unlocked bootloaders. Download the Xperia Auto-CWM Installer from the Google Play Store and easily install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Xperia Arc S without the hassle of wires or command prompts. The app, however, requires your Xperia Arc S to be rooted and to be running on stock 2.3 software.
Once you’ve installed Xperia Auto-CWM Installer, you’ll see a checklist that shows you the app’s requirements for installing ClockworkMod Recovery. After it you’ve to simply tap Install CWM 5 from the menu.
Thats it !! Hope you like it ….give your feedbacks and queries ..